This general information requirements relates to the antenna gain information details in the application. Previously, multiple applications have only contained the statement “Antenna gain information declared by the manufacturer”, without additional information.
Applications granted after August 25, 2022 must satisfy FCC antenna information requirements, and should include at least one of the following:
1. Antenna manufacturer data sheet(s) are acceptable, if antenna configuration does not alter antenna parameters
2. Antenna reference design specifications, if antenna is based off a reference design
3. Justification statement stating that all measurements were performed radiated and therefore additional antenna gain documentation is not required.
4. Antenna test report (AUT Report)
- Maximum antenna gain at band of operation
- 2D and/or 3D antenna patterns
- Detailed information about the test procedures, calibrated equipment etc.
Verkotan can help you determine your antenna gain value by accurate measurement in our OTA test laboratories. After the measurement, you will receive a detailed test report, with all the required information. Verkotan test laboratories operate according to the principles of ISO17025, as required by the FCC.
If you have any questions or need assistance, contact us. We are happy to help you!
Follow our social media channels to keep up with the latest news in the world of wireless technology!