Owner of the Registry
90590 Oulu, Finland
Kari Komonen, CEO
+358 40 5001241
Information We Collect
We may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide – When you sign up for access to Verkotan’s online resources (including any customer applications), download documents or complete online forms, we may ask you for certain personal information. You may be asked to provide personal information such as: Name, company name, title, function, e-mail address, company address and certain demographic information.
- Web beacons – Web pages may contain electronic images (called a “single-pixel GIF” or “web beacon”) that allow a web site to count users who have visited that page or to access certain cookies. We use web beacons to track the effectiveness of an email campaign and to transfer an individual’s unique user identification (often in the form of a cookie) and associate your updated information into our database. Our practice is to include web beacons in HTML-formatted email messages (messages that include graphics) that we send directly or through third parties in order to determine, among many other items, which email messages were opened and to note whether a message was acted upon. In general, any electronic image viewed as part of a web page, including an ad banner, can act as a web beacon.
No Information Collected from Minors
Minors under the age of 18 should not provide any personal information and/or other information, including their email address, to Verkotan through the site. The site does not knowingly accept personal information and/or other data from any such users of its websites and/or third parties.
Purpose of Managing Personal Information
Verkotan maintains a customer registry in a cloud-based CRM system. Your contact data may be stored in our CRM e.g. when
- you choose to subscribe the Verkotan newsletter or
- you contact us requesting for a quote or
- you ask us questions regarding our services or
- we have identified you as a potential customer through our research or
- there are commercial, or any other deal execution-related legal reasons or
- there are legal obligations for the company to store personal data.
Commercial or any other deal-related personal data will be stored if the information storage is required by the current law. Personal data in these cases will be removed when there is no more legal reason to store the personal data for the purposes personal data was collected (see “For How Long We Store Your Information” section below).
Personal data will be stored also based on the legal obligations set by the requirements from the current law to be able to comply with the legal requirements for a personal data registry or what is stated regarding personal data storage in the current law.
How We Use This Information
- The information we collect allows us to keep you posted on Verkotan’s latest announcements and upcoming events. From time to time, we may send you information on programs and services that we believe may be of interest to you. It also helps us to improve our services, content, and communications. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt-out anytime through the process outlined in the “Opting Out” section below.
- We also use the information we collect to help us develop, deliver, improve and provide you with our services, content, and communications. We may use this information to complete any orders or fulfill any order requests, including enabling investigations of products.
- We may use your information to send important notices or communications regarding services you have ordered from Verkotan, even if you have opted out of our marketing communications.
- We may use your information to fulfill any subscription requests, send you an e-mail confirming your subscription, and from time to time send you information for the purpose of informing you of any change or additions to any subscriptions.
- We may also use the information we collect for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Verkotan’s products, services, and customer communications.
- We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information (i.e., data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual) for any purpose.
- Verkotan will NOT sell any of your personal information.
For How Long We Store Your Information
We will preserve the personal data if your consent is available for handling your personal data at Verkotan.
Data shall not be kept for longer than necessary for the purposes by which the personal data is processed.
If you do not want us to store your personal data, then we will remove it according to your request.
How We Share Your Information
You can choose which, if any, of our online resources you wish to participate in. Verkotan only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Verkotan in the following limited circumstances:
Safeguarding Your Information
Verkotan uses commercially reasonable efforts to employ security measures designed to protect your personal information from access by unauthorized persons. These include, but are not limited to, encryption, firewalls, and the use of Secure Socket Layer (SSL). While Verkotan endeavors to protect your personal information, Verkotan cannot warrant the security of any personal information, and ultimately you provide your personal information to us at your own risk.
You may receive communications from Verkotan, regarding product information, marketing or promotions, announcements and upcoming events, and/or other topics. You may opt-out of promotional email communications from us by clicking on a link provided in our promotional email messages or sending us an email at email@example.com. After opting-out, you will no longer receive marketing or promotional communications but will continue to receive other messages, such as important notices or communications regarding services you have ordered from Verkotan.
Our Web site offers publicly accessible blogs. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
Transfer and Storage of Personal Information outside EU or ETA
Contact data is stored in a cloud-based CRM located inside the EU.
Our email marketing provider operates in the United States. However, the provider participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U. S Privacy Shield Framework. The CRM and email marketing provider are committed to subjecting all Personal Information received from European Union (EU) member countries and Switzerland, respectively, in reliance on each Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Your Right to View, Correct or Delete Your Personal Information
You have the legal right to view your data stored in the Verkotan CRM. You can also request to correct erroneous data or delete data on our CRM or web pages. The request needs to be supplied in writing to Verkotan (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please be prepared to prove your identity.
You have the legal right to restrict or oppose the processing of personal data and the right to transfer data to another CRM system. You also have the legal right to appeal to the Supervisory Authority.