What Are Cookies
- Strictly necessary cookies – These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies – These allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies – These are used to recognize you when you return to our website, enabling us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies – These cookies record your visits to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information (in anonymous form) with third parties for this purpose.
The information below describes the cookies we use on the site and why we use them. If located in the European Union, by clicking “Accept” you explicitly agreed to cookies being used while browsing the site. For detailed guidance explaining what cookies are and how to control or delete them, we recommend you visit http://www.aboutcookies.org and http://www.youronlinechoices.eu
- You can delete cookies after having visited the Site
- You can browse the Site using your browser’s anonymous usage setting (called “Incognito” in Chrome, “InPrivate” in Internet Explorer, “Private Browsing” in Firefox and Safari)
- You can set your browser’s security controls so that all or certain cookies are blocked
- You can request that we delete any personal information that we store – to do so, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do Not Track
If you prefer not to use any cookies, you can also opt out in some browsers by turning on “Do Not Track” or visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices to opt out directly. We currently do not support Do Not Track browser settings, but are committed to supporting it in the future once there is a consistent industry standard for compliance.
The Cookies We Set
This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
When you submit data to us through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms, cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page that is affected by your preferences.
Google Analytics Cookies
We use Google Analytics to collect information about visitor behavior. Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you click on. This Analytics data is not tied to personally identifiable information. We do not collect or store your personal information, e.g., your name or address, so this information cannot be used to identify who you are.
This site uses Google Analytics, which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimizations our users appreciate the most.
As we sell products, it’s important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
You can find out more about Google’s position on privacy as regards its analytics service at https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en.
Social Media Cookies
In some cases we may provide you with custom content based on what you tell us about yourself either directly or indirectly by linking a social media account. These types of cookies simply allow us to provide you with content that we feel may be of interest to you.
On many of the pages of our Site you will see “social buttons”. These enable users to share or bookmark web pages or access Verkotan content on these social media sites. These buttons include: LinkedIn and YouTube. By clicking on any of these buttons, the Site will register your action and may use that information.
To implement these buttons and connect them to the relevant social networks and external sites, scripts from domains outside of Verkotan must be used. You should be aware that when you are logged-in to the services of these sites, they are likely to be collecting information about your browsing habits, including when on the Verkotan Site, even if you do not click on a social button. Read the respective policies of each of these sites to see how they use your information and how to opt-out or delete such information.