Electromagnetic Field Measurements for RF Exposure Evaluations Available
Verkotan now provides Electromagnetic Field Measurements for RF exposure evaluations from 9kHz to 30MHz according to the following requirements / standards:
- Canada: SPR-002 — Supplementary Procedure for Assessing Compliance with RSS-102 Nerve Stimulation Exposure Limits
- EU: Reference level measurements for electric and magnetic fields (according to council recommendation 1999/519/EC)
- FCC: RF exposure measurements for low frequencies according to KDB 680106 D01 (RF exposure considerations for low power consumer wireless power transfer applications)
For example in Canada, RF low-frequency exposure evaluations are required for ISED certification for devices transmitting between 3kHz and 10MHz frequency range. These kinds of devices are e.g.:
- electronic article surveillance (EAS) systems,
- metal detectors
- radio frequency identification (RFID) exciters
- readers and tags
- tire pressure monitoring sensors (TPMS)
- vehicle security systems and wireless chargers
These nerve stimulations exposure limits have been mandatory in Canada since 1st of March 2017.
GNSS Testing According to EN 303 413
ETSI has issued a standard EN303-413 for end-user equipment having GNSS (GPS/GLONASS/BEIDOU) functionality. This standard has become a CE RED requirement. Verkotan provides GNSS testing according to the ETSI EN303-413 standard.
The purpose of this test is to ensure that the GNSS functionality fulfills the minimum requirements for interference tolerance. Typical sources of interference are the radios operating at the adjacent frequency bands.
Functionality is ensured by two tests:
- Adjacent Frequency Band Selectivity test
- Spurious emission test
Verkotan is always happy to provide more detailed information and make a proposal how we can verify the performance of your wireless device in the global environment.
If you have questions, need assistance or want directly to contact our personnel, click here for personal contacts. We are happy to help you!
Contact our Sales
Sales & Marketing Manager